First, I want to wish you a very Happy Valentine’s Day. I have fond memories of this day, as a child and trading cards and enjoying yummy cookies with fellow students. I still smile with delight at anything with a Valentine’s theme and absolutely love receiving silly cards.
The Heart and Feather Wholecloth Quilt Workshop, with Leah Day, is not just for Valentine’s Day. It is a perfect project to display any time of the year. And, it is an excellent opportunity to learn/improve our free-motion quilting skills. As QuiltShopGal, I can honestly say this is an excellent workshop and highly recommend it!
I’ve had fun stitching out this project virtually, in my informal #StitchAlong. It has given me an opportunity to meet other quilters, as well as see how they approached this project. It is a versatile workshop that allows you to decide where you might want to place designs that Leah teaches, as well as add other designs.
I set a personal goal to finish this quilt in time for Valentine’s Day. I’m happy to report that I finished and my husband loves it. He was very impressed with the “puffy” heart and feathers (aka trapunto).
As mentioned previously, I thoroughly enjoyed this workshop and definitely want to make another Heart and Feather Wholecloth quilt, but will not attempt to add so much Cat Fur Ball to the quilt, and go with more Microstippling. While I’m not an expert, I’m far more confident stitching with a contrasting thread, as a result of this workshop and I really like the contrast! I would have probably never attempted to stitch with contrasting thread, had it not been my commitment to use this workshop to learn/improve my FMQ skills. I’m also committed to doing more echo stitching, as I do want to perfect that technique.
Don’t forget if you are stitching this project, or you have completed the project from Leah’s Heart and Feather Wholecloth Workshop, please share via the linky party below. Every week you get another chance to share and the more sharing = more entries, to win prizes. You need not have your project completed by Valentine’s Day, just because that was my goal!
Also, please take a moment to share your progress in Leah’s group on Facebook (Leah Day Quilting – https://www.facebook.com/groups/leahdayquilting/)
DID I MENTION A LINKY PARTY? Today is the last day to share your progress, or your completed project, to enter to win prizes:
For non-bloggers, you have several options to share via the linky tool. The most popular way would be to upload your photos to Flickr and share a link to your picture via the linky tool. But you can also upload your picture to Leah’s group on Facebook and then add a link to that image via the linky tool. Just remember your url links need to be direct links, allowing someone to click thru to see your photo entry not just a generic link that might show more than your specific entry.
DID I MENTION SPONSORED PRIZES?
Thanks to Martingale for sponsoring this Stitch A Long. The following prizes will be randomly awarded to WW participants:
Machine Quilting Made Easy, by Maurine Noble
Fun-Size Quilts: 17 Popular Designers Play With Fat Quarters, Compiled by Karen M. Burns
The Big Book of Nickel Quilts: 40 Projects for 5-inch Scraps, by Path Speth with Charlene Thode
RULES TO WIN A PRIZE:
- Join the Linky Party in any/all of the posts for this Stitch A Long, sharing your progress, a previously completed Heart and Feather Quilt, and hopefully your completed quilt during this event. To clarify, you can share weekly and the more weeks you participate, the more entries you get to win prizes.
- Bloggers are encouraged to share via their blog, with a link to the most current Stitch A Long blog post on QuiltShopGal. While not required, it is appreciated if you share the artwork for this event and encourage others to participate and/or come check out other sharing.
- Share in Leah Day’s facebook group and leave a comment on any of the posts for this event, stating the date you shared.
- Share on any social media tool (e.g. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook), using any/all of the #hashtags for this event (#quiltalong10, #StitchALong, #FMQStitchAlong) and leave a comment on any of the posts for this event, stating that you shared.
- While this event is open to WW participants, in 2016 QuiltShopGal will providefree shipping of prizes, that I ship directly to US Only winners. International winners will be required to pay a flat $20 postage fee. If the actual shipping is more, QuiltShopGal will pay the difference. If ithe actual cost is less, the funds will go into the 2016 postage expense fund to supplement such expenses in 2016. “Postage Angels” are also always appreciated and will be recognized in my blog posts for giveaways and/or events, where their donations are used to help offset shipping expenses of prizes this year. Of course, I also appreciate those that remember I’m an Affiliate of Craftsy and Amazon and when you click thru my site to make such a purchase, your price remains the same, but I “may” receive a small fee that I use to supplement postage expenses.
- One prize per participant. Winners will receive an email mid-February to notify them that they are a winner. I will do my best to match each winner with their favorite book, by asking them to list their top three choices. Based on first to respond to my email, will be matched to the available prize of their choice. Prizes that are not claimed will be used as prizes in future Stitch A Longs, or other events hosted by QuiltShopGal
You can find Leah at:
Don’t forget to check back weekly (on Saturdays unless I drop the ball), for sharing our Heart and Feather Wholecloth Quilt progress in this Stitch A Long. And, what ever you do, I hope you have a wonderful week with time to enjoy and create!
Here is a list of other posts for this #StitchALong Event:
[catlist name=#quiltalong10 numberposts=10]
Next Saturday, I’ll share insights on a #StitchALong Event that I’ll be hosting in March. But I thought I’d share a sneak peek today: It will be open to a variety of creativity: Free-Motion Quilting, Doodling/Transdoodle, and/or Machine Embroidery. And, we’ll have some great sponsors with amazing prizes, with the hope of raising funds for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.