Update: I just realized this is my 1,600 blog post.
I’m absolutely thrilled that it turns out to be this post.
I’m thoroughly enjoying stitching the Heart and Feather project, from Leah Day’s workshop. And virtually stitching with others that are also currently participating in this workshop, as well as those that have shared their previously completed Heart and Feather Wholecloth Quilt. Come mid-February, prizes will be randomly awarded to those that joined this #StitchAlong. And there is still plenty of time, even if you do not complete this project during the timeframe of this event. Although, I hope to inspire you that it really doesn’t take long. You’d be surprised if you spend 15 minutes a day, working on this fun project, how much you could learn and how fast you’ll actually finish it!
While some have been sharing on various social media tools, those that share via the open linky party for this event are automatically entered to win prizes. And the more sharing you do (e.g. weekly linky parties and social media) the more entries you get.
Laura of Laura Luvs Loons and Quilting Too! shared her project with us. I think her wholecloth quilt is going to look stunning. I’m certainly looking forward to seeing her progress on this quilt and hope to celebrate her finish too!
You can check out more at her blog. And, I’ve also added it to My Creative Blog List, which is an easy to use tool to follow creative blogs.
Of course, I’d love to have others come join this virtual Stitch Along.
As mentioned previously, I’m planning on working on this project weekly, with the goal of finishing it for Valentine’s Day. And, I’d love to have you virtually stitch along with me.
To date, I have watched all of the following videos that are included in this workshop. And I like knowing I can watch them again and again. They are excellent video tutorials:
1 – Introduction (1:42)
2 – Fabric Prepping and Marking (22:29)
3 – Basting for Trapunto (8:38)
4 – Free Motion Quilting Basics (26:24)
5 – Quilting the Outline (18:15)
6 – Clipping the Batting (8:44)
7 – Pin and Machine Basting (9:22)
8 – Quilting Dense Filler Designs (19:48)
9 – Lesson Nine – Part One – Outlining and Filling the Quilt (18:17)
10 – Lesson Nine – Part Tw0 – Outlining and Filling the Quilt (25:12)
11 – Lesson Ten – Finishing the Quilt Part One
12 – Lesson Ten – Finishing the Quilt Part Two
I have been stitching more areas with Leah’s Cat Fur Ball design, as you can see I decided to also apply this design to the outside area. I’ve also been stitching the tight echo design, within the center of the hearts. I’ve never been good with any echo motif, but I do feel the contrasting thread has helped me with this design. Still, I need more practice with echo designs.
Today I’m continuing to stitch for a little while, take a break, repeat. I have a “Squirrel” mentality and can easily get distracted. But for me, that approach works well when working on dense free-motion quilting designs.
PLANS FOR THIS WEEK:
I think shooting to finish my free-motion quilting this week, but if I don’t that is ok too! Either way, I’m confident that I’ll be able to finish this project in time for Valentine’s Day. And, I think even if you started this project this weekend, you could have it finished in time for Valentine’s Day too! But then, this Heart and Feather Wholecloth Quilt would look great any time of the year. And I’m already wanting to make another!
Don’t forget if you are stitching this project to take time to share your progress in Leah’s group on Facebook (Leah Day Quilting – https://www.facebook.com/groups/leahdayquilting/) and share via the Linky tool below, to enter to win prizes that I’ll randomly be awarding to participants. Bloggers/non-bloggers who stitch this project along with me, as well as those that have already finished this project and share, can enter to win. Of course, the more entries you share the more chances you get to win prizes!
DID I MENTION A LINKY PARTY?
For non-bloggers, you have several options to share via the linky tool. The most popular way would be to upload your photos to Flickr and share a link to your picture via the linky tool. But you can also upload your picture to Leah’s group on Facebook and then add a link to that image via the linky tool. Just remember your url links need to be direct links, allowing someone to click thru to see your photo entry not just a generic link that might show more than your specific entry.
DID I MENTION SPONSORED PRIZES?
Thanks to Martingale for sponsoring this Stitch A Long. The following prizes will be randomly awarded to WW participants:
Machine Quilting Made Easy, by Maurine Noble
Fun-Size Quilts: 17 Popular Designers Play With Fat Quarters, Compiled by Karen M. Burns
The Big Book of Nickel Quilts: 40 Projects for 5-inch Scraps, by Path Speth with Charlene Thode
RULES TO WIN A PRIZE:
- Join the Linky Party in any/all of the posts for this Stitch A Long, sharing your progress, a previously completed Heart and Feather Quilt, and hopefully your completed quilt during this event. To clarify, you can share weekly and the more weeks you participate, the more entries you get to win prizes.
- Bloggers are encouraged to share via their blog, with a link to the most current Stitch A Long blog post on QuiltShopGal. While not required, it is appreciated if you share the artwork for this event and encourage others to participate and/or come check out other sharing.
- Share in Leah Day’s facebook group and leave a comment on any of the posts for this event, stating the date you shared.
- Share on any social media tool (e.g. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook), using any/all of the #hashtags for this event (#quiltalong10, #StitchALong, #FMQStitchAlong) and leave a comment on any of the posts for this event, stating that you shared.
- While this event is open to WW participants, in 2016 QuiltShopGal will providefree shipping of prizes, that I ship directly to US Only winners. International winners will be required to pay a flat $20 postage fee. If the actual shipping is more, QuiltShopGal will pay the difference. If ithe actual cost is less, the funds will go into the 2016 postage expense fund to supplement such expenses in 2016. “Postage Angels” are also always appreciated and will be recognized in my blog posts for giveaways and/or events, where their donations are used to help offset shipping expenses of prizes this year. Of course, I also appreciate those that remember I’m an Affiliate of Craftsy and Amazon and when you click thru my site to make such a purchase, your price remains the same, but I “may” receive a small fee that I use to supplement postage expenses.
- One prize per participant. Winners will receive an email mid-February to notify them that they are a winner. I will do my best to match each winner with their favorite book, by asking them to list their top three choices. Based on first to respond to my email, will be matched to the available prize of their choice. Prizes that are not claimed will be used as prizes in future Stitch A Longs, or other events hosted by QuiltShopGal
You can find Leah at:
Don’t forget to check back weekly (on Saturdays unless I drop the ball), for sharing our Heart and Feather Wholecloth Quilt progress in this Stitch A Long. And, what ever you do, I hope you have a wonderful week with time to enjoy and create!
Here is a list of other posts for this #StitchALong Event:
[catlist name=#quiltalong10 numberposts=5]