TRUE CONFESSION: I haven’t spent very much time this week (or to-date), watching watching video tutorials by Leah Day, for her Heart and Feather Workshop, nor working on my project. But, I’m honestly impressed with how much I’ve learned, how much fun I’ve had, as well as my progress. And, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed virtually sewing this project with other quilters, as well as hearing from those that have already completed this workshop.
As mentioned previously, I’m planning on working on this project weekly, with the goal of finishing it for Valentine’s Day. And, I’d love to have you virtually stitch along with me.
I have watched the following videos:
1 – Introduction (1:42)
2 – Fabric Prepping and Marking (22:29)
3 – Basting for Trapunto (8:38)
4 – Free Motion Quilting Basics (26:24)
5 – Quilting the Outline (18:15)
6 – Clipping the Batting (8:44)
7 – Pin and Machine Basting (9:22)
8 – Quilting Dense Filler Designs (19:48)
9 – Lesson Nine – Part One – Outlining and Filling the Quilt (18:17)
10 – Lesson Nine – Part Twp – Outlining and Filling the Quilt (25:12)
I decided to try using Terial Magic on my quilt top fabric vs regular Starch. I’ll share my perspective once I finish this project, but so far I REALLY like it. I also used water soluble fabric markers to mark my fabric for the beautiful design that Leah created for this Wholecloth quilt.
I outlined the design and I’m now stitching a dense filler design that Leah calls “Cat Hair Ball Filler”, which I found surprisingly easy to stitch, great fun and quite effective. My camera doesn’t do this design justice.
I stitch for a short while and then take a break. Today I plan to fill in the areas for the Cat Hair Ball Filler designs.
PLANS FOR THIS WEEK:
I’m planning on watching the following video tutorials:
11 – Lesson Ten – Finishing the Quilt Part One
12 – Lesson Ten – Finishing the Quilt Part Two
For stitching, I plan to continue working on all the dense filler designs this week. To my delight and amazement, I’m getting more comfortable stitching with contrasting thread. Not sure why I avoided it till now.
Don’t forget if you are stitching this project to take time to share your progress in Leah’s group on Facebook (Leah Day Quilting – https://www.facebook.com/groups/leahdayquilting/) and share via the Linky tool below, to enter to win prizes that I’ll randomly be awarding to participants. Bloggers/non-bloggers who stitch this project along with me, as well as those that have already finished this project and share, can enter to win. Of course, the more entries you share the more chances you get to win prizes!
DID I MENTION A LINKY PARTY?
DID I MENTION SPONSORED PRIZES?
Thanks to Martingale for sponsoring this Stitch A Long. The following prizes will be randomly awarded to WW participants:
Machine Quilting Made Easy, by Maurine Noble
Fun-Size Quilts: 17 Popular Designers Play With Fat Quarters, Compiled by Karen M. Burns
The Big Book of Nickel Quilts: 40 Projects for 5-inch Scraps, by Path Speth with Charlene Thode
RULES TO WIN A PRIZE:
- Join the Linky Party in any/all of the posts for this Stitch A Long, sharing your progress, a previously completed Heart and Feather Quilt, and hopefully your completed quilt during this event. To clarify, you can share weekly and the more weeks you participate, the more entries you get to win prizes.
- Bloggers are encouraged to share via their blog, with a link to the most current Stitch A Long blog post on QuiltShopGal. While not required, it is appreciated if you share the artwork for this event and encourage others to participate and/or come check out other sharing.
- Share in Leah Day’s facebook group and leave a comment on any of the posts for this event, stating the date you shared.
- Share on any social media tool (e.g. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook), using any/all of the #hashtags for this event (#quiltalong10, #StitchALong, #FMQStitchAlong) and leave a comment on any of the posts for this event, stating that you shared.
- While this event is open to WW participants, in 2016 QuiltShopGal will providefree shipping of prizes, that I ship directly to US Only winners. International winners will be required to pay a flat $20 postage fee. If the actual shipping is more, QuiltShopGal will pay the difference. If ithe actual cost is less, the funds will go into the 2016 postage expense fund to supplement such expenses in 2016. “Postage Angels” are also always appreciated and will be recognized in my blog posts for giveaways and/or events, where their donations are used to help offset shipping expenses of prizes this year. Of course, I also appreciate those that remember I’m an Affiliate of Craftsy and Amazon and when you click thru my site to make such a purchase, your price remains the same, but I “may” receive a small fee that I use to supplement postage expenses.
- One prize per participant. Winners will receive an email mid-February to notify them that they are a winner. I will do my best to match each winner with their favorite book, by asking them to list their top three choices. Based on first to respond to my email, will be matched to the available prize of their choice. Prizes that are not claimed will be used as prizes in future Stitch A Longs, or other events hosted by QuiltShopGal
You can find Leah at:
Don’t forget to check back weekly (on Saturdays unless I drop the ball), for sharing our Heart and Feather Wholecloth Quilt progress in this Stitch A Long. And, what ever you do, I hope you have a wonderful week with time to enjoy and create!
Here is a list of other posts for this #StitchALong Event:
[catlist name=#quiltalong10 numberposts=5]