~ Create ~ Share ~ Inspire ~ #CreativeGoodness ~
Welcome to another #CreativeGoodness Linky Party. Before we start, I have a few housekeeping notices to share:
- I’ve been having problems with the linky tools (long saga). I think I have a solution, but I do realize I still have plenty of cleanup. In the meantime, if you have problems with any Linky Party (link up tool) please email me and let me know the post that you found it on. I’ll let you know once I have it resolved.
- As our #CreativeGoodness weekly linky parties are open to any form of creativity and I’ve had a few that shared such creativity in the #SummerCamp Linky Parties I wanted to emphasize these are two different events and if you share generic creativity intended for this linky party in the Summer Camp Party it will be removed if it is not applicable to summer camp. That event is all about inspiring kids to be creative, or adults helping kids be creative. As I’m on this topic, I do want to point out there are many great prizes from generous sponsors, which will be awarded in late September. So, if you are not familiar with #SummerCamp take time to check it out and find a kid to be creative with.
Back to our weekly #CreativeGoodness Linky Party: Any form of creativity that you create can be shared in this Linky Party. And bloggers and non-bloggers are welcome to share. While not required, I do appreciate it when bloggers share a current post and encourage others to come share their creativity. I also hope everyone will click thru and visit all of the entries, for more inspiration, as well as to check out the blogs that have shared, as they frequently have very creative blogs with oodles of #CreativeGoodness.
I certainly have been enjoying all of the sharing in these events. While everyone last week inspired me (and I hope you), but as we all often have plans to make a project and time goes flying by and other projects get made first, the fact that we have a celebration of a project idea that began in 2003 is certainly worth celebrating. Plus, as our parties are all about creativity (any form) I was excited to see a non-quilt project get shared!
Super Mom – No Cape shared a lovely housecoat that she made. It looks so cheerful and cozy, making it a perfect housecoat. Of course, I do now wonder if Super Mom officially now has a cape? Me thinks yes!
Susan of Super Mom – No Cape is truly a super talented and wonderful person. She has a delightful blog where she shares inspirational projects, tips, tutorials for quilting, sewing, knitting, cooking, gardening and more. If you have not yet visited her blog, I hope you’ll click on thru and find as much joy and inspiration as I do.
Now it’s time to share our creativity and inspire others. You know the drill. Linky below (and I’m keeping my fingers crossed it will work all week long….something fishy is going on behind the scenes).
Monthly “Optional” Themes:
– July: Red, White and Blues (Patriotic), #KidfriendlyProjects, #SummerCamp
– August: Summer Colors, #KidfriendlyProjects, #SummerCamp
– September: Primatives, #FallGoodness
– October: Orange, Black, Purples
– November: Primatives, Browns and Blacks
– December: Holidays, Sweets, Blues, Silver, Reds, Greens, Whites, #GlitterGoodness
Sharing is quite flexible and open to Bloggers and non-Bloggers.
- Sharing is limited to anything you have created, for any form of creativity. Tips and tutorials are always appreciated, but not required when you share. For now, I do ask that sharing exclude links to such things as patterns for sale, challenges, quilt-alongs, or other items where the person sharing may want help with PR. If this is your situation, feel free to email me and discuss first, but there are other ways to pursue such PR and in many cases I’m happy to help.
- Like non-Bloggers, Bloggers can share old things. But, of course, I do appreciate those that take time to write new posts, as well as those that encourage others to come join these weekly parties. As you can only share an old project one time, you’ll need to remember if you shared it previously. Thus, sharing new blog posts is so much easier to know if you have previously shared (or not). I do want to clarify, participants in other challenges (eg. 2015 FMQ Challenge) also have the option of sharing in these weekly #CreativeGoodness Linky Parties, as appropriate.
- Non-bloggers can participate in weekly linky parties by using Flickr.com and uploading a photo of their projects to a Flickr group “CreativeGoodness“. They can upload as many photos as they want to share to this Flickr group, but they are only allowed to link 5 photos to the linky party (any weekly linky party). And, once they’ve lined a photo they can not share that link in future linky parties. Links shared must also fit the weekly theme for the respective weekly linky party. Please only link to pictures you’ve uploaded to this group and not to other areas: https://www.flickr.com/groups/2754996@N23/ If you do not know how, please check the FAQ list.
- When you join one of these linky parties, you automatically give me approval to snag a picture from your post, whereby I can share it in a future post with a link on my blog to highlight your project. To clarify, periodically I will showcase a participant and their entry to help increase awareness and inspire others.
- Winners of “surprise prizes” will receive an email. If they do not wish to claim their prize, or they do not claim it within 5 days, their prize goes back into the “pool” for a future drawing. Due to my schedule, no prizes will be awarded for June-July-August, but we’ll have a larger prize pool in the Fall that will include participants who shared during the summer months.
- I reserve the right to remove your link without notifying you, if your link does not align with the objectives and guidelines of this event. To clarify, links that don’t promote creativity and inspiration, links that are posts for PR purposes, etc., are at risk of being removed.
A new linky party will be hosted on QuiltShopGal every Friday. I hope you’ll come join the fun. Don’t forget that, while not required, I appreciate those that share the badge for this event and invite others to participate, as well as visit all the bloggers and non-bloggers that share in these weekly linky parties.
Email QuiltShopGal if you have questions at Darlene at quiltshopgal dot com. Of course, I’d also like to hear any suggestions you may have too!
Here is a list of previous #CreativeGoodness Linky Parties:
[catlist name=creativegoodness-weekly-linky-parties numberposts=55]