For those that are participating in the 2012 Free-Motion Quilting Challenge (FMQ) this is the post for those that want to enter to win a Grand Prize.
First, I want to recognize and thank all of our FMQ Experts as without their help this challenge would never have happened: Leah Day, Ann Fahl, Diane Gaudynski, Susan Brubaker Knapp, Don Linn, Diane Loomis, Teri Lucas, Frances Moore, Cindy Needham, Paula Reid, Wendy Sheppard, Patsy Thompson, Angela Walters and Sarah Vedeler.
I also want to recognize and thank all of our sponsors who generously donated prizes for this challenge:
Aurifil, Don Linn, The Electric Quilt Company, The Fat Quarter Shop, Kaleidoscope Kreator, Diane Loomis, Martingale, Cindy Needham, Quilters Touch, Paula Reid, Sewline:, SewSlip, Wendy Sheppard, The Stencil Company, Dream World Northwest (Sew Steady Tables), June Tailor, and Patsy Thompson.
GRAND PRIZE SPONSORS
for this challenge:
|The Fat Quarter Shop||
Six prizes for Grand Prize Winners:
1 – $250 GC
1 – $150 GC
1 – $100 GC
3 – $50 GCs
|One lucky winner will receive a $200 gift certificate to The Stencil Company where they can pick out their favorite continuous line stencil designs that are perfect for quilting|
||One lucky winner will receive a Pieceful Holiday Quilting Package, which includes:
a Steady portable tables, a Travel/Storage Bag, Sew Straight Guide, Spinner Tray and Polish Kit
estimated value: $149.99
|The Electric Quilt Company||One lucky winner will receive a copy of EQ7
Retail price: $189.95
|June Tailor||A bundle of June Tailor products, perfect for free motion quilting, with an estimated value over $100|
|A bundle of books, perfect for those interested in free motion quilting, with an estimated value over $100|
There are many ways you participants in the 2012 FMQ Challenge can enter to win a Grand Prize, but ultimately you need to complete 12 of any of the FMQ tutorials (monthly or bonus) tutorials, anytime in 2012 and show evidence via the single entry link that you use to enter in this post on or before December 31st, 2012.
To clarify, you need not have completed a monthly tutorial during the month it was released, as you are still eligible to enter if you complete 12 tutorials anytime in 2012. For example, you could complete the
- January tutorial by Frances Moore anytime in 2012 and still count this as one of your 12 tutorials you complete.
- Any of the “Bonus” tutorials, such as the one by Susan Brubaker Knapp.
- or any of the tutorials linked on the main page for this challenge. but your combination of tutorials that you complete needs to be 12 or more!
For bloggers, this is probably easier than non-bloggers as everyone is limited to one “link” entry. And certainly a blog allows you the flexibility of sharing one or many photos in a post.
1) You will need to have a Flickr account (www.flickr.com).
2) Upload your photos for this month’s challenge to Flickr, batch organize, send your photos to groups, select “2012 FMQ Challenge“. While Flickr, limits the amount of text you can share in your description, feel free to share your perspective on this exercise and/or your past FMQ experience, if you wish.
3) After your photos have successfully been loaded to the “2012 FMQ Challenge” group, click on your best photo in that group, ideally one that shows the stencil and how you quilted using that stencil. Copy the URL link to your particular photo entry. Add that link to the linky tool below, to officially enter.
note: While there was a unique group for each monthlychallenge, based on feedback the generic 2012 FMQ Challenge group was been created that will hold all your photos for the remaining monthly challenges, so you will not need to rejoin a group on Flickr every month.